Day 1: Unpolished Pottery

6:59 PM

Kansas City was bathed in sweet, sweet sunlight today. It was one of those perfect days with plenty of sunshine and a light whisper of a breeze.  After breakfast, I wasted a couple of hours in bed before deciding to join the rest of the city outside.  People were out in full-force, moving at a brisk pace along the sidewalks and outdoor trails with their pets and families.  


I headed to the studio for a couple of hours of practice.  I started a clay-throwing class a couple of weeks ago, and it has been highly enjoyable.  It took me a long time to get the basics of wedging and centering down, and I can't lift to save a piece.  I think I'm making progress, though. I can't wait to glaze and fire them up.  Hopefully they'll survive the process!

You Might Also Like

0 lovely thoughts

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe